AECOM Hunt is seeking a BIM/VDC Division Director for our western region with the position located in our Phoenix, AZ office. This role holds the responsibility of overseeing all project needs in their perspective division as they relate to Virtual Construction [BIM]. Provides and facilitates proper staffing and overall implementation for Virtual Construction requirements on projects. This position will provide implementation, integration, development, maintenance, training assistance, design quality assurance/quality control and identification of potential liabilities and/or concerns in accordance with corporate standards related to Virtual Construction. Additionally, the responsibility of facilitating content and support for new project pursuit will be required. A BIM/VDC Division Director will provide supervision and mentorship to developing BIM/VDC Engineers and provide input to further enhancements of standard operating procedures and processes. Initiates and authorizes access to appropriate data and coordinates efforts with personnel in other departments; project managers; outside design firms and client representatives.
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it's improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of what's possible - the world's longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega project, life-sustaining disaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, energy and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
* Named one of Fortune magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" for the sixth consecutive year
* Ranked #1 in Transportation and General Building in Engineering News-Record's 2020 "Top 500 Design Firms"
* VIQTORY 2020 Military Friendly Gold Employer
About AECOM Hunt
Founded in 1944, AECOM Hunt has earned a reputation for being unconditionally client-focused - delivering construction projects on schedule and within budget, no matter the scope. From iconic stadiums and arenas to next-gen transportation hubs to sustainable healthcare and academic buildings, AECOM Hunt deploys the latest technologies, industry-leading safety best practices, and highest ethical standards on every project. AECOM Hunt has proven time and again to be industry pioneers in delivering the most challenging projects by emphasizing quality and skill-utilization in all that we do. As evidenced by our long list of repeat clients, we focus on specific needs to create strong relationships and consistently exceed expectations.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
* Schedule and meet with Project Executive, Project Manager, and General Superintendent upon being awarded any project to fill out project start up check list for BIM requirements.
* Help project team with sub contractor selection and contract language as they relate to BIM requirements in bid packs.
* Schedule and host project kick off meeting with design assist subcontractors, subcontractors and AE team to implement BIM execution plan.
* Ensure projects have adequately defined BIM requirements using Hunt's standard project check list for BIM and ensure proper staffing needs are retained to fulfill these requirements.
* Assist and mentor Virtual Construction Engineers in setting up projects for coordination during project start up while collaborating with Software Specialist to ensure the project is optimized to include any new advancements.
* Perform project support as needed and ensure that BIM/VDC Engineers are delivering BIM requirements as outlined in Hunt's project checklist while maintaining corporate standards.
* Perform quarterly audits on projects to ensure that standards are being maintained.
* Provide leadership and coaching to junior BIM/VDC Technicians and Engineers to guide their development of critical industry knowledge and understanding of corporate standards. This mentoring will aid in their growth and prepare them to be self sustaining on future projects.
* Per the direction of the Virtual Construction Committee, evaluate new technology on select projects and report back to the committee substantial results that may impact Hunt's standards. These unique opportunities are for the express purpose of helping to define new and innovative methods that will help Hunt maintain industry advantage over our competition.
* Assist with preparing subcontract & A/E contract language to obtain effective BIM models.
* Participate in development of Owner Agreements that provide BIM services within a manageable level of risk.
* Oversee project kickoff meetings with junior BIM/VDC Technicians and Engineers to ensure proper information is delivered to project teams and subcontractors.
* Participate in and manage the development of presentations, including the creation of animations and images for proposals and marketing materials.
BA/BS + 12 years of relevant construction experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education, including 4 years of leadership managing a team..
* Strong verbal and graphic communication skills
* Strong organizational skills and multitasking
* Basic understanding of scheduling software
* Self motivated and has the ability to work independently or within a team
* Strong understanding of construction documents and can accurately interpret prints
* Possess technical knowledge of commercial building design and documentation
* Strong skills in marketing/sales for the purpose of pursuing new work and effectively communicating technical information to operations
* This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
* This position requires up to 25% travel.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Job Category Designer / Drafting / CADD / CAD
Business Line Construction Services
Business Group Construction Services Group (CS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 250882BR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Position OverviewWe are currently seeking a Health Systems Sales Director to join our professional sales organization. Responsible for overseeing an assigned territory in the United States based around where the candidate lives. We are experiencing...
SUNLAND ASPHALT Is the road to your future under construction?Come join our Award-Winning Team.Sunland Asphalt & Construction, LLC. strives to recruit top talent and we are committed to help you grow both professionally and personally. We are confide...
Motion Warriors is an early-stage technology startup company looking for a passionate Sales and Marketing executive that knows the film production world. We are looking for an independent self-starter that can roll up those sleeves and he...
$10,000 Sign-on bonus
Terraces of Phoenix has been named one of the Best Nursing Homes of 2021-2022 by U.S. News and World Report!
We are looking for a Director of Nursing to join an organization that supports leadership in helping our team members...
Are you interested in working in a dynamic environment that offers opportunities for professional growth and new responsibilities? If so, Deloitte & Touche LLP could be the place for you. This is an unparalleled time of change with new informatio...
CommonSpirit was created by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives and Dignity Health as a single ministry in early 2019. More than 150,000 physicians, nurses, caregivers, and other staff are employed by CommonSpirit Our hospitals and...