• Establish and implement clear strategic sourcing plans based on the agreed commodity & category strategy and all supply chain activities globally. Implement and maintain associated commercial supply agreements.
• Support quotation packages that are thorough and complete. Understand the cost elements of material, labor and margin and be able to present a clear and concise analysis of the proposals.
• Apply competitive tension to the supply chain via E-sourcing and direct negotiations. Demonstrate command of the Emerson corporate procurement Price Benchmarking Tools & Other Market Intelligent Tools and utilize them routinely to manage Category performance.
• Develop and maintain cost model tools to track and implement Category cost changes with respect to economic & commodity market trends.
• Maintain an in-depth knowledge of industry and market dynamics through close working relationships with suppliers, trade organizations, and self-education
• Pursue lowest cost component solutions to optimize over all category spend and challenge suppliers to do the same. Ensure contractual benefits are maximized. Manage the implementation and manifestation of such solutions into the final price.
• Link business requirements to supplier capabilities and performance. Perform periodic reviews to ensure they are in synch with respect to cost structure, order mechanics, forecast management, quality, flexibility, lead-times and third-party logistics.
• Ensure system integrity via full set up and maintenance of ERP system records for all lead time, price, order policy and replenishment profiles
• Work with Global buyers and purchasing leads to implement flexibility solutions in the supply chain; i.e., consignment, reduced lead times, expedite, strategic component buffer inventories, etc.
• Manage and mitigate material supply chain liabilities within the framework of established contracts. Negotiate the settlement of disputes between business leads and suppliers.
• Work cross functionally to support and identify new areas of business need and process improvement pertinent to proposals and projects. Stakeholder community to include, but not limited to, Engineer, Quality, Sales & Marketing, Global SCM, Finance, World Area Operations, and Global/regional Proposal teams.
• Directly support both Proposal and Project Execution teams in the development of RFQs, supplier identification, category expertise, and sourcing methods
Required Candidate profile
Desired Educational Qualification
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering in related field (i.e. Production / Mechanical / Instrumentation / Electrical / Electronic etc)
• Advanced degree in Management preferred.
• 12 to 15 years of relevant work experience
• Proficient in the spoken and written English language
Technical Skills / Knowledge Required
• Capable of engaging at the most senior/executive levels within Emerson and our suppliers (very strong communication skills)
• Skillful application of contracting development and negotiations
• Global/international experience
• Ability to lead and influence functional teams globally
• Ability to engage with senior leaders internally and within supply base
• Experience within e-Sourcing and deep understanding of strategic sourcing option
• Experience with supplier evaluation and selection
• Experience with change management
• Extensive experience in dealing with internal customers and vendors
• Extensive experience leading teams of diverse project resources
• High level of communication skills
WHY EMERSON? Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership. Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. Learn more about us!. Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Key Responsibilities for this position
Develop various Analytics related to Supply Chain Cost, Cash, Quality, Speed, Capacity which will help Global Supply Chain Organization to improve overall supply chain effectiveness
Use various Statistical ...
As an Aera Solution Architect, you will understand our customers’ most pressing business and supply chain performance improvement needs. In this role you will be a strong technical/functional advisor and will work closely with a cross functional team...
Btech Graduates with 3-7 years of exp in Business Intelligence and strong domain knowledge of supply chainMakes good decisions regarding supply chain process design,data model optimization and technology solution to solve problems...
Flexible and adaptable to business requirements and multiple shifts Shift: Night shiftWe are hiring for Order management / Supply Chain Management - Freshers onlyOnly Freshers required - Any degree is ok. Notice Period: Immediate Joiners only Good P...