Specialist Commissioning Engineer/ High Voltage Substation/ Adelaide
Rudra Registered Engineers is a 100% Australian based Engineering and consulting company with a head office based in Melbourne and operating since 2017. We are owned and operated by Chartered Professional Engineers of Australia and served by recognized International Professional Engineers. We are the most resourceful company associated with the best knowledge and experience mix across multiple nations to deliver the best solution for clients. We are a fast-growing consulting company of Australia working with clients of Australia and overseas to deliver the best guidelines and consultation across the globe.
We have an immediate requirement for a Testing & commissioning Technician or an Engineer to join our Electrical Services team on a permanent or contract basis, and this role can be developed into a long-term opportunity, with more projects in the pipeline.
This role is a mixture of office and fieldwork with interstate travel required on a project-to-project basis.
Successful candidates will need to demonstrate a high theoretical and practical knowledge of HV primary and secondary systems with ElectraNet substation commissioning experience is mandatory.
Requirement: Relevant ElectraNet work commissioning experience is mandatory.
Reporting to the Commissioning Manager, the role will be responsible for, but are not limited to:
- Testing & Commissioning high voltage primary & secondary plant.
- Configuration and calibration of protection relays.
- Primary and secondary injection testing for Protection IEDs, Scada Testing etc.
- Responsible for verification of factory acceptance test report.
- Responsible for ensuring all Site Acceptance Testing has been performed and all relevant ITPs & ITRs have been completed.
- Responsible for managing the punch-list items, protection register, and planning of rectification works.
- Responsible for identifying problems with systems.
- Responsible for producing testing & commissioning documentation.
- Responsible for producing a detailed commissioning program.
- Develop & revise the commissioning program in consultation with the Project Manager.
- Develop & approve ITPs & ITRs, testing procedures, and documentation.
- Providing advice on testing & commissioning procedures.
- Monitoring progress and analyzing test results.
- Endorsement and assignment of Commissioning Personnel and technicians.
- Overseeing and managing teams of commissioning personnel & technicians.
- Meeting with clients and subcontractors and involved in technical discussions.
Project Specific Responsibilities:
- Always comply with Site Inductions, training, and hazard/ risk assessments.
- Reviewing and certifying documentation completed by others at the end of each day prior to close work permits.
- Completion and integrity of the punch-list and protection register.
- Ensuring commissioning documents are completed progressively in accordance with Contract requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring that all relevant ITP’s and ITRs are completed.
- Advising Project Manager of any potential delay or additional costs.
- Ensuring a review is conducted prior to each major phase of commissioning to avoid safety or environmental incidents.
- Ensuring a task-specific SWMS’s and JSEA has been developed and approved prior to commencing work.
- Notification to external Stakeholders in regard to any change in the program.
What you'll need to succeed
- Extensive protection relay testing and commissioning experience in the substation environment (experience with IEC61850 /GOOSE communications is an added advantage)
- Minimum 2 years with demonstrated experience in pre-commissioning and commissioning activities for High voltage substations.
- Ability to engage effectively with stakeholders both externally and internally.
- A passion for learning and personal growth
- Ability to cope and work with disruption and adapt to changing priorities.
- Have excellent general problem-solving skills and time management.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Vijay Badireddi at Rudra Registered Engineers (RRE) on +61 418 717 294
Email your CV and cover letter to